In this Policy the following definitions shall apply:
- “Applicable Data Protection Law” shall mean all legislation or regulations protecting the fundamental rights and freedoms of individuals in respect of their right to privacy with respect to the processing of personal information, including South Africa’s Protection of Personal Information Act, 2013;
“Analytics” shall mean the collection, discovery and interpretation of meaningful observations, occurrences or patterns in behaviour in respect of Your use of Our Website;
“Cookies” shall mean the small files that are placed on Your device as You browse the internet — described in Section 2 of this Policy. For the purposes of this Policy, Cookies collectively refers to traditional Cookies (small text files), as well as other tracking technologies, including, but not limited to: web beacons, pixels and tags;
- “Data Subject” shall mean any natural or juristic person in respect of whom Personal Information relates;
- “Personal Information” shall mean any information relating to an identifiable, living, natural person, and where it is applicable, an identifiable, existing juristic person, including but not limited to — (a) information relating to the race, gender, sex, pregnancy, marital status, national, ethnic or social origin, colour, sexual orientation, age, physical or mental health, well-being, disability, religion, conscience, belief, culture, language and birth of the person; (b) information relating to the education or the medical, financial, criminal or employment history of the person; (c) any identifying number, symbol, e-mail address, physical address, telephone number, location information, online identifier or other particular assignment to the person; (d) the biometric information of the person; (e) the personal opinions, views or preferences of the person; (f) correspondence sent by the person that is implicitly or explicitly of a private or confidential nature or further correspondence that would reveal the contents of the original correspondence; (g) the views or opinions of another individual about the person; and (h) the name of the person if it appears with other personal information relating to the person or if the disclosure of the name itself would reveal information about the person;
“Third-Party” shall mean any other natural or juristic person that is not You, the User, or Ourselves; and
“Website” shall mean Our www.searchkingsafrica.com/privacy-policy/ located at __52 Corlett Drive, Ground Floor, The Oval West, Wanderers Office Park, Illovo, Sandton, 2196.
2. WHAT ARE COOKIES?
- Cookies are small text or other files, containing an identifier (a string of letters and numbers) that is sent by a web server to a web browser and is stored by the web browser as You are browsing the internet. The identifier (Cookie) is then sent back to the web server each time the web browser requests a page from the web server. The web server therefore has access to the Cookie it gave You, but not to Cookies created by other Third-Party websites. Every time You access Our Website, a Cookie is sent to Your computer or device to identify You and Your device/browser.
- Cookies may be either ‘persistent’ Cookies or ‘session’ Cookies: a persistent Cookie will be stored by a web browser and will remain valid until its set expiry date, unless deleted by You before the expiry date. A session Cookie, on the other hand, will expire at the end of the user session, when the web browser is closed.
- Cookies may also constitute Personal Information in that they may involve the storing, retrieval and processing of Your device details and other online and unique identifiers.
- Cookies serve important functions for websites and can generally be easily viewed and deleted from by You from Your device (see Section 4 of this Policy below).
3. WHAT COOKIES DO WE STORE?
- Analytics Cookies: monitor how You reached Our Website, and how You interact with and move around once on Our Website. These Cookies let Us know what features on Our Website are working the best and what features on Our Website can be improved.
- Necessary Cookies: can be either permanent or temporary. These are necessary Cookies, without which Our Website won’t work properly or be able to provide certain features and functionalities. Some of these may be manually disabled in Your browser but may affect the functionality of Our Website. Necessary Cookies include ‘Security Cookies’ which help identify and prevent security risks — We use these Cookies to authenticate Users and protect User data from unauthorised parties.
- Technical Cookies: are used by Our hosting infrastructure for performance and load balancing, in order for Our Website, to be as fast and responsive as possible. These Cookies are also used to detect, analyse and diagnose any technical issues Users may encounter while using the Website. These Cookies cannot be turned off individually, but You can disable all Cookies in Your web browser.
- Personalisation and Site Management Cookies: are used to recognize repeat visitors to the Site. We use these Cookies to record Your browsing history, the pages You have visited, and Your settings and preferences each time you visit the Site. We also use these Cookies to maintain Your identity or session on Our Website so that any information You enter is retained from page to page. These Cookies cannot be turned off individually, but You can disable all Cookies in Your web browser.
- Third-Party Cookies: may be placed on Your computer when You visit Our Website by companies that run certain services We offer. These Cookies allow the third parties to gather and track certain information about You. These Cookies can be manually disabled in your web browser. We use the following Third-Party Cookies:
- Google Analytics: Google Analytics gathers information about the use of Our Website by means of Cookies. The information gathered is used to create reports about the use of Our Website.
4. MANAGING AND DELETING COOKIES
- You can manage Your Cookie preferences on Our Website.
- Most web browsers allow You to refuse to accept Cookies and to delete Cookies. The methods for doing so vary from web browser to web browser, and from version to version. You can however obtain up-to-date information about blocking and deleting cookies via the link here.
- For more information on how to control Cookies, check Your web browser or device’s settings for how You can control or reject Cookies, or visit the following links: Apple Safari; Google Chrome; Microsoft Edge; Microsoft Internet Explorer; Mozilla Firefox; OperaAndroid (Chrome); iPhone or Ipad (Chrome); iPhone or iPad (Safari).
- In addition, you may opt-out of some third-party Cookies through the Network Advertising Initiative’s Opt-Out Tool. Blocking all Cookies will have a negative impact upon the usability of many websites. If You block Cookies, You will not be able to use all the features on Our Website.
5. ELECTRONIC SIGNATURE
- You agree to be bound by any affirmation, assent, communication or agreement that You transmit through Our Website, including but not limited to the consent You provide to Us when accepting this Policy.
- You agree that, when in the future You click on “I agree,” “I Consent,” “Submit,” or other similarly worded “buttons” or entry fields with Your mouse, keystroke or other computer device, Your agreement or consent will be legally binding and enforceable and the legal equivalent of Your handwritten signature.
7. CHANGES TO THIS POLICY
We may change this Policy at any time, in which case any amended terms shall be effective immediately upon the posting of the revised Policy on Our Website and any subsequent activity in relation to Our Website shall be governed by such amended terms. We therefore recommend that You check Our Website regularly. If You do not agree with any term in this Policy, please do not use Our Website.
This Cookies Policy was last updated on 14 September 2021.