AD SPEC DETAIL
- File size is limited to 150kb
- Accepted file types: JPEG, JPG, PNG, GIF, ZIP
- Ads with an alpha channel are accepted, but not recommended.
- If the ad has a white background, It’ll need at least a 1px border.
- Ads cannot pretend to be a system or site warning.
- Ads should be clearly distinguishable as ads and as separate from the page’s content.
- Ads cannot mimic or resemble Windows, Mac, Unix, or Chrome OS dialogue boxes, error message, etc.
GIF ANIMATED ADS
- Animation length must be 30 seconds or shorter.
- Animations can be looped, but the animations must stop after 30 seconds.
- Animated ads must be slower than 5 FPS.
- No strobing.
- Accepted file type: ZIP
- The ZIP file should contain the HTML for the ad as well as any of the other following file types: CSS, JS, HTML, GIF, PNG, JPG, JPEG, SVG
- When uploading a ZIP folder, the maximum number of files included is 40.
HTML5 ADS FOR ADWORDS
- Expandable ads are not supported.
- All images used in HTML5 ads must be local images, not referenced images, and should be part of the assets that comprise the ZIP file.
- Only Google web fonts are supported. Other web fonts are not supported.
- For environment target actions, timer and multiple exits are not supported.
- Local storage methods cannot be used in HTML5 ads.
- Ad format size meta tag within the tag. For example:
- HTML5 ads that are not created in Google Web Designer are, by default, clickable on the entire area of the ad. If you wish to limit the clickable area to specific elements, you will need to include the exitapi.js script. To use exitapi.js, include the following script in your HTML tag:
WHAT CAN I DO IF MY AD GETS DISAPPROVED?
If your ad gets disapproved for violating this policy, try reviewing the following tips to help resolve your issue:
What does it mean?
What do I do now?
Unacceptable animation length
Your ad’s animation length is more than 30 seconds.
Ensure that your ad’s animation length is 30 seconds or less.
Incorrect image layout
Your ad’s layout is unconventional or is expanding beyond the frame.
Ensure that your ad takes up the entire space of the chosen image size. The ad shouldn’t appear sideways or upside down, and shouldn’t appear like it’s more than one ad. Also, check that your ad doesn’t expand beyond the frame or otherwise encroach on the website.
Unacceptable image content
Ensure that your ad doesn’t contain gimmicks that would trick a user into clicking the ad.
Poor image/video quality
Remove all unclear, blurry, or unrecognizable images from your ad.
Unacceptable image/video content
Edit your ad by removing any adult or non-family safe content.
WHAT HAPPENS IF I VIOLATE THIS POLICY?
- Ad disapproval: Ads that don’t follow this policy may get disapproved. A disapproved ad won’t be able to run until the policy violation is fixed and the ad is approved.
- Domain disabling: We may suspend websites that violate this policy, meaning that the website can no longer be advertised with AdWords until the problem is fixed.
- Account suspension: An account may get suspended if you have several violations or a serious violation. If this happens, all ads in the suspended account will stop running, and we may no longer accept advertising from you. Any related accounts may also get permanently suspended and your new accounts may get automatically suspended at setup.
HOW DO I RESUBMIT MY AD FOR REVIEW?
If your ad gets disapproved, you can resubmit it for review by simply editing your ad and then saving it. To avoid getting disapproved again, make sure that your ad complies with our policies before saving your ad.